When thinking about flowers for your wedding, your own bouquet isn't the only one to consider. Here are a few questions and areas to take into consideration when looking at flowers for your wedding.
The Bridal Bouquet - Your bouquet is something that needs to stand out and should be the main statement piece.
- What style are you looking for and what says the most about you?
- Is there anything sentimental (pendant, photo, ring etc.) that you would want to incorporate?
Bridesmaids Bouquets - These should be something beautiful to match the wedding.
- A good place to be flexible and open to options.
- You can consider using less expensive options like a one sided bouquet.
Mother of Bride/Groom, Grandmother's Corsages - These are usually something simple but should still make your Mom's stand out.
- Do you want to give something to your mothers/stepmothers?
Flower Girls - The age of the girls will determine how many and what types of flowers to use.
- Does the ceremony venue allow you to throw petals?
- Will they carry a bouquet or would hair flowers or faux flower ball be a better option?
Groom's Boutonniere - If your groom wants to wear flowers, determine if he wants something with his own flare or something that accentuates your own.
- What would he want to wear?
- Is there anything you want to include in his boutonniere?
Groomsmen Boutonnieres - Depending on whether or not the groom is wearing flowers you can play around with differences between the bride and groom.
- Will they have something similar to the groom?
- Something to match the bridesmaids?
Father of the Bride/Groom, Grandfathers - Dad's should stand out too!
- Do you want something to recognize them as parents/step parents by having flowers for them?
- Will they match what the Mom's have?
Hair Flowers - These are a great addition to any spring, summer or destination weddings.
- Do you want blooms in your hair or a flower crown?
- Do you want any for your bridesmaids?
Ceremony Flowers - These flowers can add a lot to the overall feel and look of the ceremony.
- Do you need anything for the ceremony as decor?
- Will you have flowers going down the aisle?
- Big floral pieces to frame you both at the end of the aisle?
- Will these flowers do double duty (be decor at the reception) later?
Centrepieces - These can be statement pieces that tie in with your wedding them or style.
- Do you want floral centrepieces? How many?
- What style do you love?
- Do you want your florist to put them together or do you want bulk flowers?
Cake Flowers - A great way to add some flare to your cake.
- Do you want blooms for your cake or will your cake decorator be doing this for you?